Quick operating instructions for the Deluxe Fuel Cell Learning Kit
1. Mount the H2 Storage Tower and Fuel Cell with fan to the base with the hardware provided.
2. Remove the tubing from the electrolyser and remove the hard plastic line, connect the Tygon tubing to the H2 out and O2 out of the electrolyser.
3. Remove the hard plastic line and hook the Tygon tubes to the H2 Storage Tower.
4. Remove the tubing from the fuel cell and the hard plastic line and hook the H2 in and H2 out to the fuel cell.
5. Remove the tubing jumper from the final H2 bubbler and the O2 out from the electrolyser.
6. Fill the H2 Storage Tower with distilled water. Do not use tap water
7. Hook the solar panels to the electrolyser, black to the H2 side, red to O2.
8. Put the unit in the sun. It will take 10 minutes of full sunlight to produce enough hydrogen to ge the fan spinning. Once the fan is spinning at full speed then the car can be connected.
9. The red liquid is red wine vinegar, replace it when it starts to lose its color.
10. Use only distilled water for the Learning Kit, tap water can damage the membrane.
The entire Operating Instructions can be seen on the next few pages of this website.